For me Giftedness means the urge to synthesise (no not the music). To take two viewpoints and integrate them into one overriding principle is to me the ultimate act of creation.
Yes I like it! Yes to understand the greater picture makes me feel secure and relaxed. Does it mean I am less sociable? Yes it does. Does it make relations with others more difficult? Yes it does! and her is how it goes with me:
- I always tend to take the holistic view. So for me to have an opinion on something usually takes a while because there are so many aspects to consider
- I try to take the holistic view and take too much time considering other people's opinions, so I lose sight of your own feeling/ self
- this is my personal booby trap, if I see what's wrong within a group or situation and I am the only one seeing it, I always take responsibility, making life really hard for myself
- this is something I saw in my father when he was taking counselling for his alcohol problems, once you lose your way it is hard to get back because it is too easy to understand what is expected and play the role when you should be confronting your issues
- because I am used to making up my own mind it is hard to take other peoples solutions for granted
- because of my high ability it is difficult to judge the level of knowledge other people have, which makes me insecure