Thursday 1 March 2012

The REAL_GIFTED

Yesterday I saw a great TEDTalks video (Steve Jobs: http://alturl.com/6zm5u). Just great the way Steve describes the importance of being true to yourself. It is a very old platitude (http://alturl.com/pawar) but true none the less. Especially for Gifted and or ADD because they can get overwhelmed and lose themselves quite easily. Enter the Real Gifted.

He had reacted to some tweet and was in my mentions. Normally you only get unsolicited junk tweets so I was pleasantly surprised! In truth: the Guy is a genius for a couple of reasons:

  • the Gifted, and especially the adult ones, have a tendency to wallow in self pity. That's why I quit Mensa. You have to keep it real. So his twitter Alias is brilliant!
  • to think up this search engine on twitter in order to reach out to the Gifted is pretty well done! First of all because you need to know how to set up a good search. But more so because it takes both compassion and imagination  to understand how important it is to other Gifted they are not alone in this world. Brilliant!
  • When I visited his twitter account he had another pleasant surprise: His favourites were full of tweets from people like me! Very comforting to know that your not alone (other than my wife of course)! Brilliant!
All in all a compassionate, creative guy that in spite of all that manages to keep it Real! Triply Brilliant! I like it a lot and although we can't have spent more than 30secs on each other I am richer with the experience already.

Maybe it was just because Jobs had softened me up, maybe I'm just a soppy person at heart, I don't know. I liked it none the less. In order to sample some of the stuff they are gathering click this link: http://alturl.com/prndg.

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment